Okay, so here is a quick version of the last couple of months. I am a bit behind. Here I am, a tad tired, but doing okay. I would have to say life is pretty good for what it is. I was recently diagnosed with Systemic Lupus and have been fortunate to have a friend such as Jessica Elgan who also has it. She has been informing me of things I just never knew. Everyday is a little harder it seems, I am always tired and the boys are getting older so they are a chore to keep up with. I assure all though, I love time I get to spend with them. The doctors are up in the air (as always) to try and find a treatment that will work with my medication and that will be safe with Cerebral Venus Thrombosis (blood clot in the brain). I never thought life would get quite this painful, at least until I was so much older. I know the Lord has given me this trial for a purpose I do not yet understand, at least that is what I am hoping. I was tested again for lupus, after a positive result and when my lungs began to fail. Breathing is difficult, so there are days when I dread leaving our home because I know the walking and the stairs will be very painful. This is just an update, I am actually staying very positive. I think a positive frame of mind has helped me heal in a way medicine cannot. I am no longer in school. I took a medical withdrawal when I started having so much trouble and when I found out it wouldn't be getting any better. My doctor advised me to limit stress and get more rest or my physical condition would get worse. I did not listen at first, then I got really sick. I am feeling a lot better now.
We had a very happy birthday on September 24th. Andrew turned three years old. We ate out at Smoky Mountain Pizza and then went to the ball pit. We had cupcakes at home, where everyone had a candle (his suggestion). For his birthday Andrew received a stuffed dino and 5 playing dinos, also some blocks from daddy and a block truck. We are sure he had a good day, as he asked to have a birthday everyday for about a week after that.
Andrew and Raymond are outside playing fetch with our new puppy Max. We no longer have Max, despite our love for him. Andrew had an enormous amount of jealousy towards him and treated him like a toy. Andrew was far to aggressive, so I took him back to the store after two weeks. I am so glad the people there were understanding. I was afraid poor Max would get seriously hurt. At one point I had to catch him from flying down the stairs because Andrew threw him. He only weighs 4lbs. Andrew is a very loving child, but he is also spirited and can forget limits. It wasn't a good fit for our family. Below is a picture of Max. 
He is a Munchkin. It is hard to get a good picture of a running puppy :) I would even dress him up. It was so much fun to have him home with me. He also kept me motivated when the boys were at school. I think he will find a good home though.
3 comments:
Oh wow Glenda. That is really rough! I'm glad you did a post, I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you are so positive though, keep it up! You can do it! I am so glad you have Jessica to help you too. You are amazing and I think you are so strong, even if you don't feel like it. And I know the Lord will help you too and that He loves you, and so do I!
Also, cute blog about Andrew's birthday! I hope Max finds another good home too. Maybe someday you guys could get a St. Bernard,and then the dog could play fetch for you and bring your boys to you? Eh? J/K
It sure makes things a little bit easier when someone you already know and like has gone through some similar things. Jessica is fantastic, and I'm glad she can be such a great support for you. Tell her hi for us!
Post a Comment