Monday, October 20, 2008

Raymond's 5th Birthday

This is a full view of most of our party guests. I was handing out pizza and taking pictures. Raymond is talking to his friend Koyote. Jo is eating pizza. Andrew is eating and talking to Raymond. My dad is sitting on the couch with a box of pizza. Next we had the Pinata, I had to tear it apart in the end. The kids ran like crazy to get the candy and the parents were shoving what they could in their pockets for later. It was very fun.
Here we are all having pizza, soda, juice and cake. The kids were very calm for so many of them. I didn't know that parents would just drop their kids off and go. Some parents stayed, but I hear it is like free babysitting so many left. Raymond is in the middle of the picture.
All of the kids helped Raymond open his presents, he didn't seem to mind so much. There were lots of Transformers, they must know Raymond. :)
Raymond got a fantastic grabber from his friends Hannah and Zach. Both of the boys are learning to take turns with this toy. They clean the house with it :) Ha Ha! I think their mom was thinking of the parents when they picked it out.
Behind the streamers we have a sand dig. The kids dug up dinosaurs, bugs, and reptiles. In front, on the floor is a Ski-ball game. The last game we had was target practice (a felt target board I made with velcro balls).
This is Jo hanging and taping up the streamers. He was mainly the 'Go For' guy during the set up process and was very patient. I am so happy we were able to do this together and have the day together. He is never home these days.
On the floor here we have golfing. We used the golf clubs Kayla Thomander got Raymond last year to play. He loves them. I found the hole & green at Goodwill. It goes down a shoot when you get it in the hole.
It was a 'Go Diego Go' theme, with Dora here and there. Also, we did carnival type games to keep the kids entertained (with prizes). I spent a couple of months planning and searching for the best deals for this party. Jo's mom helped contribute to the invitations and the fancy party decor hanging from the ceiling.
Here is the final result after hours of decorating. It was so much fun, stressful, but fun. The boys ran around like crazy tearing apart anything they could. The left the table settings alone though, and I am so grateful for that. My dad is there resting on the couch after a long time of doing the heavy decorating and lifting. Also, he spent a lot of time hovered around me to make sure I didn't fall off a chair or something.

3 comments:

Porter Family said...

That party looks like you put a ton of work into it, and it looks like it was quite successful! Way to go, Glenda! (and Jo, too.) We sure miss you guys, but you look fantastic!

Tessa said...

That looks so fun! What a nice Mom to put on a party like that.

Kathy said...

WOW!!! I wish we were there! Happy Birthday Raymond! Birthdays are so special for kids, and I'm sure Raymond had a blast! It looks like fun and yeah, that you put a lot of thought and love into it! You are awesome! Good work you guys!